Wednesday, August 24, 2005

Freddy

Far be it from me to toot my own horn, but—

Fuck that. I'm the motherfuckin' Doc Severinsen of tooting my own horn over here.

(Doc Severinsen? Doc Severinsen, anyone? I mean, Miles would have been way too obvious, Chet Baker leaves that unfortunate heroin aftertaste, few people except the kids I went to high school with would have laughed at an Allen Vizzutti reference, and I wouldn't even want to try to compete with the Wynton Marsalis comedy here, so it seemed like Doc was the right way to go.)

Though I give the good folks at The Onion A.V. Club massive, massive props for mentioning it at all in their list of 10 Notorious Flops Worth Seeing, I'd like to point out that I was all over Tom Green's Freddy Got Fingered way back when it first came out in 2001.

Apropos of crawling inside a dead deer:

"'CD burning is a problem that is really undermining sales,' stated [RIAA chief executive Mitch] Bainwol in an interview prior to mercilessly beating a dead horse. In an attempt to form a solid counter-point to this argument, I contacted Steve Jobs (Apple CEO), who stated 'I'm sorry, but I can't hear your question over the sweet sound of my money waterfall, which I had installed after 20 million iPods were sold.'" (from yesterday's Tiny Mix Tapes)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You know, Doc Severisen is the Pops conductor of the Milwaukee Symphony, so he's right around the corner!

Also, lol at Allen Vizzuti.