Thursday, October 20, 2005

A Subatomic-Size Flashlight

In the mood for a good, quick snark?

I was totally loving this article on nanotechnology as I read it over lunch today. There's something utterly charming about the weird, overly bubbly tone that eventually gives way to some of the most terrifying quantum mindfucks I could never come close to dreaming up on my own. I also love the way the author's little bio paragraph at the end of the article says, curiously defensively, "The ideas stated here reflect the personal views of the author. They are in no way related to his professional affiliation with [the university he works for]." Way to ratchet up our confidence that you're in any position to be giving us the down-n-dirty facts about fourth-generation recombinant DNA bioweapons, dude.

No comments: