Wednesday, July 13, 2005

Sufjan

Ohhhhhhh my goodness, what kind of crazy musical genius do we have on our hands here? An interview with Sufjan Stevens from this week's Onion A.V. Club (and, just for snicks, one from Gapers Block too, posted last week for the official July 5 release date of Illinois). Though "Decatur" is definitely in the running for my year-end CD comp, when he plaintively sings "I've made a lot of mistakes" at the end of "Chicago" . . . man, that just hits me, as CTLA once said, somewhere between my heart and my lungs. Love it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just (and I mean, JUST) bought it... pretty cool so far. Oboe JingleBell Banjo-ified Madness! I do believe the proper album spelling has an "E" at the end though... :)

Anonymous said...

well, the official album title is Illinois I believe.