Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Clap Your Hands Dites Oui

Remember when I attempted to single-handedly ignite an ecstatic firestorm of buzz around Seattle band Dolour? I been schooled. This is how it's meant to be done, kids: behold Clap Your Hands Say Yeah, current darlings of Pitchfork and Tiny Mix Tapes, among others.

Travis Morrison is the fucking bomb, man (link via Morrison's own site). I'm so sad I completely missed the heyday of the D-Plan, but I fully intend to follow Uncle T wherever he ends up going.

The weather in Chicago today feels like the kind of days I always inadvertently ended up going to the beach as a kid: overcast, humid, neither particularly warm nor particularly cool. (Oui, I grew up in a Parisian banlieu, delicately nibbling on stale French bread that maman had stubbed out her Gauloises on. Pauvre cherie.)

Heaps and heaps of love go out to the newly expanded Pollen family, who welcomed Cora Jo into the world on Sunday, July 10.

No comments: