Tuesday, September 13, 2005

All You Have to Do Is Meow, Meow, Meow

How geeky is it that I want to register for this? (Link via Gapers Block.)

Let the Decemberists backlash begin.

OMG! What will Luke's answer be?! Gilmore Girls rules! (Thanks, LK.)

Despite my earlier pleas for ideas and suggestions on where to donate for hurricane relief, I've actually held out giving anything until today. But, based on a short piece I heard on NPR this morning about the disproportionate amount of Katrina donation money that has come through the Red Cross in part because of their online affiliations with Google, Amazon, iTunes, et al, I just decided to give to Oxfam America. Not because I hate the Red Cross or have any kind of compelling connection to Oxfam or feel the need to be stupidly indie as fuck when it comes to trying to do the right thing during a crisis of this magnitude, but because the underrepresented entities nobly doing the best they can in the shadow of the mainstream monoliths need a little lovin' too.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've never really listened to the Decembrists, but everything I read about them mildly irritates me. They seems kinda full of it.