Thursday, March 01, 2007

On the First of March, On the Holiday



I haven't listened to Illinois in ages, but for whatever reason decided put it on my Nano this morning and ended up listening to the first half of it on the train on the way home tonight. I was just stepping off the platform in my neighborhood when I had one of those moments iPods were made for: in the chilly twilight, Sufjan was whispering in my ear "on the first of March, on the holiday."

Casimir Pulaski Day.

I know it's very popular to hate on Soof these days, but I just live for moments of synchronicity like that. The delicate melacholy of the music brought me back to the day, and the (relative) relief of leaving the misery of February behind brought me back to the music I'd temporarily forgotten I loved. I wouldn't have been surprised if I'd found myself leading a parade of bunnies and friendly foxes down the street to my front door.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

A parade of bunnies??!!!