Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Woody? No, He Would Not

I know what you're thinking, and, no, the oatmeal latte at Cafe Descartes isn't as good as you'd think it would be.

Neither is Match Point.

"I worked for a book publisher, and actually attempted to turn down Harry Potter. The first Harry Potter title came in, and we had an editorial meeting about it, and I said, 'This is just absolute rubbish. There are so many better children's books that aren't being published.' And I was overruled": an interview with The Clientele, a recent "discovery," whose album Strange Geometry (#17 on Pitchfork's year-end top 50 list!) is aces.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

While I no longer live in the 'hood, Cafe Descartes is quickly surpassing the Grind as my favorite coffee shop. The Irish guy that works the counter is a pretty funny guy...