Wednesday, April 08, 2009

Charlyne!

And, just like that, a new video with Charlyne Yi popped up online yesterday (via). To make it even more awesome, it's for the Man Man tune "Rabbit Habits" from last year's excellent album of the same name and also features Fred Armisen.



Well, let's just go ahead and make it an all-video edition today, shall we? (BTW, if you follow my Tumblr, you've probably seen all these already.)

Here's the song that's been stuck in my head for the past couple days, Max Tundra's "Which Song" (via):



Via Cassius, some awesome old-school John Roderick from his Western State Hurricanes days, doing an early version of "Carparts" (aka, one of five songs Merlin Mann would "love to hear performed by a competent junior high marching band"):



And, just because it makes me happy, the Divine Comedy doing "Tonight We Fly" for La Blogotheque:



Speaking of the Divine Comedy, if you haven't been checking updates to the sidebar at left, you may not be aware that I started a Divine Comedy oeuvreblog a couple months ago. Progress has been slow so far (ugh, there's this other little thing in my life called a day job), but maybe broadcasting about it here will be a good way of publicly shaming myself into doing more work on it more consistently.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great posts here (though I still can't see that DC video at work). Did you notice that the Man Man video also stars Martin Starr (which confirms your report on the Omnipresence of Apatow)? And, I love the oeuvreblog. I found it a few weeks ago and was delighted to see how many formative DC sightings we have shared.

--ctla

allison said...

Dude, I'm sure you're eventually going to get mentioned in a bunch of other DC posts, too. :)

Anonymous said...

the latest BUST mag had an article on lovely Ms Yi. Now her coolness is solidified through wrestlingentropy.

hugs,
lbla