Tuesday, June 29, 2004

Devil, Thy Name Is iTunes

So, being the obsessive fan that I am, I read on the Rufus Wainwright web site that there would be an exclusive sample from Want Two available on iTunes today. Upon the sound advice of a very wise, tech-savvy, logical, and convincing friend, I decided that, seeing as how I have no computer and no iPod of my own, the only reasonable thing to do would be to install the program on Giddy's computer while she's still out of town, buy the music, and then burn it onto a blank CD, right? That's what I thought.

After a long, grueling evening of laundry, I settle down at what passes for our kitchen table, fire up the old browser, download the program onto the laptop, spend about $25 on Franz Ferdinand, Jason Falkner's Necessity: The 4-Track Years, and The Bens EP. But where's Rufus? I was convinced I was using the search function incorrectly. It finally dawned on me to check out his web site to make sure that I'd read the date right, etc. Well, of course, there's been some technical difficulties getting the songs on to iTunes and they're not yet available for download.

**sigh**

So, here I am, $25 lighter, with three burned disks sitting at my left elbow, mocking me ever so quietly for how easily I am seduced in the face of new music. I was planning on being seduced by a tall, crooning gay man this evening, but instead I'm going to bed with an Archduke, a Jellyfish, and three guys named Ben.

No comments: